Illinois Integration Summit
An Annual Immigrant Integration Conference and Statewide Forum
Malcolm X College * 1900 W Van Buren Street * Chicago, Illinois
Opening Session: 9:00-9:30AM (Doors Open at 8am)
Closing Session: 12:30PM-1:00PM
On February 4th, we will hold our 2nd Annual Immigrant Integration Summit. Last year, we were proud to welcome Governor Pat Quinn and more than a dozen local elected officials to help us celebrate ICIRR’s 50,000th new naturalized citizen and to announce our One Nation, One Dream platform.
This year, we will use the Summit to:
- Host a Naturalization Workshop, assisting legal permanent residents fill out their U.S. citizenship forms
- Launch our Uniting America civic engagement program; a partnership between ICIRR, the State of Illinois, and Americorps to unite native-born citizens with immigrant communities through volunteerism
- Ratify our 2012 Policy Platform
- Hold policy workshops on issues ranging from Health and Human Services to Deportations to Running for Local School Council.
- Plan for our robust immigrant voter mobilization program for 2012